Why do some of my photos show this green filter / become corrupt?

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by Michael Cruz, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Michael Cruz

Michael Cruz New Member

Equipment:
    Canon R5, Canon 80D
    I tried to look for examples similar to this online but couldn't find any. When I take my Canon R5 out to a shoot there will always be 1-2 photos that seemingly become corrupt. I will get a failed to upload message in Lightroom. When I copy the file to my iPad via another means it will show this green effect in the photos app, but if I try to open the file in the file manager it flashes a bunch of times and then won't display the photo.

Is this an SD card issue or something worse?

[​IMG]

Canon R5
    Sony TOUGH-G series SDXC UHS-II Card

Attached Files:

2. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Welcome to the forum, Michael, the fist thing as you my have guessed. is format the SD card, then retake the images. Still got issues, then replace the SD card and format it before use. Retake the images.

3. Michael Cruz

Michael Cruz New Member

Equipment:
    Canon R5, Canon 80D
    Thank you for the reply and the welcome. I should have tried that first but I ended up replacing the sony sd card with a promaster, because I realized when I try to read the device with a card reader half the time the computer won't detect it.

I took 100 shots on both the sony and the promaster and all the photos imported correctly with the promaster, but I couldn't get the sony to detect a single time. When I am home later I will try formatting the sony and see if it fixes the issue.

4. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Michael, SD cards do fail, I use a lot of smaller cards, if you use one large one and as you found out, you lose images. If one of those smaller cards fail, then you only lose a small amount of the images. This is a personal preference with the draw back being, I tend to misplace the cards or the card carrier from time to time.

5. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff
    Are the corrupt images corrupt when you review them on the camera and once you download them?

Gary