wireless flash triggers for canon 1000D

Discussion in 'Bags, Tripods, and Accessories' started by Darren Ashley James, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Darren Ashley James

Darren Ashley James New Member

Equipment:
    canon 1000D
    hi,
    i would like to know "before i consider buying that is"
    will this model of wireless flash trigger: cactus wireless flash trigger V4 work on my canon 1000D?
    i would be a waste of money to buy it and find out when it arrives that its not compatible with both my external flash or my camera?

i will wait for any replies available

thank you

Darren

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Compatibility is mostly an issue with the flash. They will work with cameras and most flashes for basic manual flash. Looking at https://www.cactus-image.com/v4.html
    2. V4 does not do TTL (automatic flash with your camera meter) V6 does if you want to use Cactus.
    3. List some flashes that use non standard pins, not an issue for your current setup.​

If you want to dial in your flash then walk to the camera and trigger the flash, the v4 works for you. If you want to use TTL someday with a TTL enabled flash, i suggest a different setup.

Personally I recommend the canon specific Yongnuo triggers that came out about a decade ago, I have had a great experience with them and the controller for the camera, and if you get nicer flashes or upgrade the camera they will work well for TTL and dialing in compensation zones. https://www.amazon.com/YN622C-KIT-including-YN622C-TX-Controller-Transceiver/dp/B00NW3KNZO/

Triggers and the controller are about $40 bucks a pop and you cant go wrong. I got them years back for my 5d2 and they work with my newer 5ds well too.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022