Worth getting into Canon's mirrorless system?

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by Tickolas, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Tickolas

Tickolas New Member Site Supporter

Hey all,
    I'm in the market for upgrading my Fuji X-Pro1 to something a bit more modern. I've been looking at Olympus E-M1 Mk2 and the X-Pro2 for instance. Someone mentioned that Canon also has some mirrorless cameras going on, anyone using those who could share some experiences?
    Thanks!

2. Vasile Guta-Ciucur

Vasile Guta-Ciucur Active Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon EOS 100D
    Canon Lens EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 III
    If you want the famous Canon glass (EF, EF-S lines), in my humble opinion, the only complete Canon mirrorless camera is Canon EOS M5. Olympus is also a good choice but only if the glass can make up for the loss in quality image due to the smaller sensor (moving to a smaller sensor can be considered an upgrade?). If you like the Fujifilm glass, go for X-Pro2, the only thing you won't have are the Canon colors.

3. CVT

CVT New Member Site Supporter

Having used both Fuji X & Canon M1's I'm now happily with an M3. The choice depends on your budget & wish for compactness unless the smaller sensor of Olympus is not an issue for you

4. Wispfly

Wispfly New Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Sony A7ii + Sigma MC-11
    Sigma 50 1.4
    Tamron 28-75 2.8
    Canon 70-300 IS USM
    I have only played with Canon M5 a bit, I think that the AF is quite slow (in good light, havent tried it in low light). You half press the shutter and got a very small (still can feel) delay before the AF snap on. Have you tried Sony mirorless ?