Zoom Browser 6.9 download

Discussion in 'Post Processing, Printing, and Scanning' started by Highmeadowhiker, Aug 29, 2022.

?

Genuine zoombrowser EX download?

1. ?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ?!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Highmeadowhiker

Highmeadowhiker New Member

Equipment:
    Cybershot G5X Mark II, Rebel T5i, Vixia HFS100
    I followed several Google hits on zoombrowser EX 6.9 download, and they all led to the same place, which was a scam to charge my credit card. The zoombrowser EX that I have now has copyright 1996-2011. A telephone Canon rep says that Canon no longer supports zoombrowser. Is there actually a zoombrowser EX 6.9 and is there a legitimate source for it?

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Both your cameras have the official software listed as Digital Photo Professional (DPP). It came with an older camera?
    Canon indeed seems to have removed links to the ZoomBrowser software.

Is there something you can do with Zoombrowser that you can't with DPP? Version 6.9 apears to be the newest but I can't imagine any reason to upgrade from the one you already have, Zoom or Image browser hasn't really aged well.

3. Highmeadowhiker

Highmeadowhiker New Member

Equipment:
    Cybershot G5X Mark II, Rebel T5i, Vixia HFS100
    My old (2011) Zoombrowser allows the user to copy files from SD card to a folder the user chooses ( I choose shooting year) , and divides them by shooting date, and places them into subfolders that it names by date, and the files are named with a name the user chooses. This program does a lot of work that is tedious if you do all these things manually. DPP copies the files but leaves them named img . . . . With zoom browser, I choose an appropriate name, such as Vicki 60th BDay. (The name can be as long as 15 characters and spaces.) If there is a program that has the functionality of Zoombrowser, I would like to learn of it.

4. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Welcome to the forum, "Highmeadowhiker, I used Digital Photo Professional (DPP) a lot till I got a copy of photoshop, DPP is a excellent program to use and well worth the effort learning how to use it.

5. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    To be fair my DPP use is limited, I went from bridge to manage files and PS to edit, to Lightroom so I could manage files and edits all in one program. I was not a huge fan of DPP early on as I could only push the editing so far before having to export into another image file type.
    File renaming is something that can even be done within windows natively and there are also very lightweight programs that can handle that as well.

But DPP has batch renaming in it....https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/8/0300016228/27/Digital_Photo_Professional_v4.12_Mac_EN.pdf (page 142). Renaming took me a min to verify in DPP, because I mange shoots through collections in LR and Naming the Folders, exported Jpgs get the filename matching the shoot. But with raw files I like to see what camera it is based on the naming convention so the , the newer cameras allow custom naming in camera, so I know pretty quickly which body each image came out of.