Bag for Canon 800D with Tamron 10-24mm

Discussion in 'Bags, Tripods, and Accessories' started by TMcG1959, Jan 5, 2020.

1. TMcG1959

TMcG1959 New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 800D
    I've just bought a Canon 800D and Tamron super wide lens for general landscape and architectural photography. I also plan on adding a 50mm f1.8 lens to this collection. Can anyone suggest a bag suitable to transport this considering that I may be travelling by bus and train to some of my locations. Thank you.

2. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    TMcG, I volunteer at St.Vincent DePaul, and there are heaps of photographic bags suitable for what you want, As long as the bag is padded multi pocketed. as for traveling on public transport, as long as it looks plain without expensive camera gear written all over it, you should be right. Most importantly they will be cheap compared to a new one.

3. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Sounds like a modest amount of gear. SO you can go with a smaller to mid size bag. I hate calling out specific bags because everyone has different opinions but I can throw out some things to think about. There are some nice bags out there from newer companies and kickstarter projects which make camera bags that don't look like traditional ones from companies like lowepro. Messenger style camera bags are popular for on the go easy access bags.
    I honestly don't mind the standard black camera bag look, but I like the ones that zip towards the inside so someone can't get gear out while on your back. I have a one called the flipside which i really like. Another one i would recommend looking at is a sling style to give will suit the idea that you may not want a backpack style on a train.

I would think about finding on that has straps for a tripod since you mentioned landscape and architecture you will probably find yourself investing in a good tripod at some point.