Can Canon EOS Rebel SL3 imprint date and time while capturing photos

Discussion in 'Canon EOS R Series' started by zillah, May 28, 2022.

1. zillah

zillah New Member

Dear folk
    At work I have been required to do survey in a field where there is a telco tower of 50 meter height or lower
    Looking to buy DSLR camera under around $800 has Wifi and Touch screen LCD and imprint date and time ,,,,,I found Canon EOS 250D or it is called Canon EOS Rebel SL3 I read it is marketing depends on country
    It has Wifi and Touch screen LCD but couldn't figure out if it is can imprint date and time while capturing photos
    Yes I know after I download photos to my PC I can use third party application ro retrieve date and time from EXIf data
    Thx

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    I do not recall seeing such an option on any DSLR even other brands. It really isn't an option I could see being used, generally you would not want to crop out or Photoshop out a date so you can print and frame an image. I believe the ex browser has the ability to display the date from the file over top of the corner if you want that embedded after like a watermark. I'm sure most post processing software has this option for at least contact sheet type reasons, but I would verify what options you have for the software you are using.

They seemed to have included such an option in the powershot cameras, for those that needed a modest price camera for documentation instead of artistic en-devours. https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART111120