Canon 7D Mark ii

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by Narayanan Muthiah, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Narayanan Muthiah

Narayanan Muthiah New Member

Equipment:
    Canon5D markiii
    I bought a new Canon 7D Mark ii Body in Singapore’s Alan Photo . When I tried to register the product , on verification it gives a message that warranty is already over by March 2018 itself . What can I do now ?
    Looking forward to your suggestions

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Hello,
    Was the camera sealed in box like any other new product would be? Have you asked the camera shop about it? If the body was indeed sold as sealed from factory new then I would work with Canon over customer support to get the product registered as new, and the camera shop should be able to work with you and Canon on this if that is the case.

My initial reaction to this is that they sold a refurbished or like new camera that was repackaged, and may have advertised it as new. Keep in mind the camera model first hit shelves 5 years ago and from what you said sounds like the serial number was sold and registered in early 2017. Could this have been a clerical error? Maybe, but not likely that someone used your number when registering their camera.

3. Narayanan Muthiah

Narayanan Muthiah New Member

Equipment:
    Canon5D markiii
    Thanks for your reply , this was bought by nephew in Singapore and it was sent to me , hence I have no idea about the packed condition. I contacted Canon support , they have asked me to send all the papers and warranty card details .
    Let me keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best