Canon 90D HIGH ISO VS CANON5D IV ISO VS CROP

Discussion in 'Canon EOS Digital SLRs' started by Panana, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Panana

Panana New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 70D
    CANON 16-35 F4 L
    CANON 100MM F2,8 MACRO L
    CANON 70-200MM F2,8 II L
    1,4 EXTENDER CANON
    I am an advanced amateur sport photographers and mainly shoot school sport, netball, rugby and hockey. Using currently Canon 70d with 1,4 extender and 70-200 F2.8 ii lens. My camera body got damaged and I need to replace it. I am looking at the Canon 90D (Logic upgrade) but also at the Canon 5d iv , because the light at some of the hockey fields is bad because the games is late in the afternoon. The Canon 70d didn’t focus very well when the light was bad and the image quality at 1600 iso was not the best. My two questions is.
    1) will the Canon 90D image quality with the new Digic processor at iso 1600 and 3200 ( I will not really go higher than iso 3200 if not necessary) be equal to the Canon 5d iv at the same ISO’s with the old Digic processor in the Canon 5D iv

2) If the Canon 5d iv is the winner at the mentioned ISO’s above. Will the image quality be the same , or better if I crop the full frame images by 1,6 compared to the Canon 90D uncropped image because with the full frame I will have to make up on the focal length through cropping. I am going to be short on focal length with my current 1,4 extender and 70-200mm lens on the full frame compared to the same setup on the Canon 90D.

Regards