Canon 90D - Raw photo

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by Yoke Yin Purcaro, Feb 16, 2022.

1. Yoke Yin Purcaro

Yoke Yin Purcaro New Member

Equipment:
    Canon T1i, Canon 90D
    Hello,
    How are you all doing? This is my first post since I just joined this forum. I just bought a Canon 90D and I have set the camera for all pictures I took in raw format, ONLY RAW, no JPG. However, I don't know why after I uploaded about 33 pictures I took the first I think 6 pictures were in JPG format. Anybody know why? Thank you.

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Well out f the box I believe the camera is set to JPG. So I imagine you took a few photos before setting it to raw, Nothing else would really make sense.

Yoke Yin Purcaro likes this.
  3. Yoke Yin Purcaro

Equipment:
    Canon T1i, Canon 90D
    I know! I'm going to try it again this weekend and make only raw. The last batch of pictures I took, I set the camera a night before I went out shooting. Just strange.

4. Ellinor William

Ellinor William New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS 90DSLR
    Unknowingly the camera would have been set to JPG and those pictures were captured. The camera doesn't convert or change the file format of any picture by itself. Strange for us too.

5. Roscoe Primrose

Roscoe Primrose New Member

Equipment:
    EOS R10
    RF-S 18-45mm
    RF 24mm f/1.8 Macro IS STM
    EF-EOS-R
    EF-S 10-18mm IS STM
    EF 300mm f/4 L IS
    EF Extender 2x
    On some cameras some of the features such as focus stacking, bracketing, HDR, and possibly some of the "let the camera figure everything out" modes may be JPG only. Not sure if any of that applies to the 90D ;)

Roscoe

6. Samy

Samy New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS 90D
    This should not happen. Maybe the camera would have been set to JPEG and those pictures were captured. The camera doesn't convert or change the file format of any picture by itself unless you ask for it

7. Yoke Yin Purcaro

Equipment:
    Canon T1i, Canon 90D
    Hello Samy,

After that one time, I make sure I had the Raw format only and everything seems fine since then. Trust me, that has been bothering me for a while. Thanks!

Samy likes this.
  8. Yoke Yin Purcaro

Equipment:
    Canon T1i, Canon 90D
    I know and I totally understand but that was the case. However, this has never happened again. Thanks.

9. Yoke Yin Purcaro

Equipment:
    Canon T1i, Canon 90D
    Roscoe,
    I'm not sure neither but I hardly do any of these features. Thanks for the comment.