Canon EOS M - Lenses & Adapters

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by Pepe García Gilling, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Pepe García Gilling

Pepe García Gilling New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS-M
    So I bought and set up the rig suggested by DSLR Video Shooter in this video. I have no complaints and the baby Canon EOS M 50 is pretty sweet in regards to a cinematic look. However, I've little-to-no expertise on lenses and adapters. I recently bought an Altura MC HD 0.43X Wide Angle lens and can't seem to fit it onto the Canon. I have a Fotasy C-EOSM adapter ring which I've been using to mount my 35mm F1.6 lens. How can I set up my wide angle lens onto my EOSM 50? Do I need to get a EOS M Mount Adapter or which adapter do you recommend? I also want to expand the lenses I can use with it, which I know are quite limited, but I really like working with this for quick and neat cinematic-looking projects. Any help is much appreciated!

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100

Well yes you have limited lenses by canon for the M Mount, but several do go rather wide so that should not be an issue to find a lens. You can find adapters to mount larger lenses, the most common would be the standard EF mount converted down to the M Mount, this would allow you to buy any canon ef mount lens. Here are the lenses for you camera several go sub 20mm wide. https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/ef-m-lenses-for-eos-mirrorless-cameras

I am not sure you want to buy many c mount lenses They may show vignetting, I understood the image size of the lens to be smaller than micro 4/3's so I am not sure why the guy promoted this combo other than it seems to work and the lens costs almost nothing.

That Altura wide angle lens is actually a filter that screws onto the front of the lens, it depends on what mm threading you bought it in, that will decide how to mount it, you can buy step up and step down rings to allow something to screw on to a different thread. So lets say you have a 30mm lens with a 52mm filter thread and that .43x wide angle filter is 58mm, you need a 52 to 58mm step up ring (or a series of them) then the wide angle filter will make your 30mm show more like what 20mm would I imagine.

3. MOHAMED AMINE OSMAN

MOHAMED AMINE OSMAN New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS M50
    hello,
    i use a eos m50, and the color pics is off
    can anyone help me to change a parameters of my camera and take the real color

thank you an advance

4. Caladina

Caladina Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    Canon 18-45mm m, Canon 18-150mm m, Canon 55-200mm m, Canon 22mm m, Canon 28mm m macro,
    Sigma 100-400c ef, Sigma 18-35mm art ef,
    7artisans 7.5mm m, Laowa 100mm macro ef, laowa 9mm zeroD m, Vintage M42 Lenses:
    Ashi Super - Takumar 1.8 / 55mm,
    sure, do you have an example to show us, there are many ways the colour can be off
    can you describe which way the colour is off

the most obvious way without any other info from you is the white balance, this adjustment will allow for the automatic adjustment or you have several preset adjustments which allow you to pick one to match the scene,

also look up on youtube how to use a "colourchecker" and how to use grey point to get correct colours if you want to get deeper into colour management etc