Canon EOS M50 - AF fine tuning?

Discussion in 'Canon EOS M Series' started by Max Haucke, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Max Haucke

Max Haucke New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS M50
    Hello : D
    I am new here in the forum and going to start with a question about my M50 and the AF adjustments.
    I would like to tune the AF of my lenses (tamron/canon). I'm missing the setting in the menue for the AF-adjustment (I know it from my EOS 70D which I had before).
    Well, is it just me or is it not avaiable in the M50? How can I adjust the AF in the M50?

And a nother question is, if I calibrate my lenses on another Canon, will the calibration also work with my camera? Or is every camera differently and therefore, they will be differences, still?

thanks so much
    cheers, Max :)

2. Caladina

Caladina Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    Canon 18-45mm m, Canon 18-150mm m, Canon 55-200mm m, Canon 22mm m, Canon 28mm m macro,
    Sigma 100-400c ef, Sigma 18-35mm art ef,
    7artisans 7.5mm m, Laowa 100mm macro ef, laowa 9mm zeroD m, Vintage M42 Lenses:
    Ashi Super - Takumar 1.8 / 55mm,
    i might be wrong on this as i'm pretty new to photography but i do have the M50, as i think i understand it micro adjustment shouldn't be needed for mirror less cameras as they use the same chip for af and taking the picture where dlsr's use a separate chip because of the mirror, adding that to the fact the M50 is an entry level camera i doubt it has it.
    i think you can adjust the sigma lenses through the specific sigma dock i'm guessing tamron might have the same, not sure on canons lens micro adjustments for the lenses.

3. Andreas17

Andreas17 New Member

Equipment:
    EOS M50, EF-EOS-M Adapter, EF-M 15-45mm, Tamron EF-S 16-300mm, Sigma EF 50-500mm