Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000

Discussion in 'Post Processing, Printing, and Scanning' started by chi_l, Oct 25, 2023.

Tags:
  1. chi_l

chi_l New Member

Equipment:
    Hi,
    Apologies in advance if this is a dumb question. I will be losing access to my pro 1000 in a couple of months and would like to use up all ink cartridges as much as possible before that. The trouble is ... half of them are likely to run out much earlier than the rest.
    Is there a way to program the printer to use only certain inks, so that I can keep printing (with fewer colours) by "turning off" the empties?

I use Canon Professional Print and Layout software in Lightroom.

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    I don't think there is a easy way to do so, by design the printer will not try to print when a color is missing, nor would you want it to compensate for missing a black or grey etc... (which i imagine go faster than the colors themselves).

By loosing access what do you mean exactly. ??? I would not worry about sitting dormant for months on end... I have gone multiple years between prints on my Pixma Pro-100.

3. chi_l

chi_l New Member

Equipment:
    Hi Johnsey. Thank you very much for your reply. You confirm what I suspected. By losing access, I mean that I will be retiring, and the printer, bought with my research funds, will have to stay on campus as property of the University, even though it is conveniently located in my office.
    Thanks again...