canon m50 adapter to om mount lenses

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by STEVE BOENKE, May 27, 2021.

1. STEVE BOENKE

STEVE BOENKE New Member

Equipment:
    canon m50
    I'm a little confused .. I recently purchased the m50 what I want to know is ....
    I have a Olympus om10 and lenses I purchased at a garage sale when I was 15 or so lol 25 years ago
    is there an adapter that I can use to use these lenses, I understand I won't get the autofocus .. I'm ok with that... checking on amazon I can find om to eos-m adapter or om to ef adapter ,,, will either of these work ...is eos-m the same as ef-m

thx for your time
    Steve

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Not sure about the nuances of using an OM mount lenses on a Canon Eos-M mount camera. But it does appear there are simple adapters, this means the lens will be full manual operation, you will have to stop the aperture down / focus manually. They are pretty inexpensive to grab off amazon so you can definitely play around those OM lenses. It will be interesting to see the results and how well they would perform.

STEVE BOENKE likes this.
  3. STEVE BOENKE

STEVE BOENKE New Member

Equipment:
    canon m50

Thx Johnsey I am interested to see what I can get with these lenses ... might be difficult to get a perfect focus, I won't have the two little mirrors to tell me... but at least I'll get to use them when I get the adapter

cheers
    steve

4. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Welcome to the forum, Steve, I use manual vintage lenses on my SLR cameras quite a bit but your M50 is more involved than my cameras, I looked up on how to do this on You Tube.
    I typed in "How to use manual and vintage lenses on Canon M50."
    This clip is simple to understand, this is the steps from the video clip.
    Go into your menu system.
    Go to your spanner icon.
    Go to custom function menu.
    Scroll over to the third section.
    This will allow you to fire your shutter with a manual lens on.
    All the best with it.

STEVE BOENKE likes this.