Canon M50 + Neewer Speedlite > not firing

Discussion in 'Canon EOS M Series' started by michalp, Dec 7, 2022.

1. michalp

michalp New Member

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    Canon 80D
    Hello,
    I can't get my Neewer Speedlight NW565EX or Neewer Speedlite 750II flashlight to work with my Canon M50. It just won't fire.
    The camera is on manual exposure mode. I am testing on different shutter speeds and all 3 modes of Flash Slow Synchro. None of them works.
    Flash Firing is ON.
    When I enter the External Flash Func. Settings, it says "Incompatible flash or flash's power is turned off". Ofc. my flash power is on, and it's set to manual mode, but I also tried TTL and other modes.
    The same flash works perfectly with Canon 80D, and it's dedicated for Canon.
    Anyone got idea what can be wrong?
    Maybe someone had similar experiences and can tell which flashes will work with M50, and which won't?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022

2. Caladina

Caladina Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    Canon 18-45mm m, Canon 18-150mm m, Canon 55-200mm m, Canon 22mm m, Canon 28mm m macro,
    Sigma 100-400c ef, Sigma 18-35mm art ef,
    7artisans 7.5mm m, Laowa 100mm macro ef, laowa 9mm zeroD m, Vintage M42 Lenses:
    Ashi Super - Takumar 1.8 / 55mm,
    i've had the M50 for some years but i'm not a big user of speedlights so noit going to be a great deal of help on this one
    of the speed lights i do have i use them with a trigger on the hotshoe then have the speed lights off camera

the two sets i have, yongnuo yn560III and the tx trigger for them and the godox MF-12 macro flash kit with the godox xpro trigger for canon

i put the yongnuo on the camera as a test and like you it says the same for the in camera menus but the unit does flash on manual mode

the godox ones i have are off camera only and they only work with the trigger, the godox xpro trigger does work very well and its the one i have used the most recent but like i say, i'm not going to be a great deal of help through lack of flash use

3. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    I too have similar problems with my 60D, I use Yonguno wieless triggers for off the camera flash as a work around the problem