Canon R10 Disable Continuous Focus

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by BenSte, Feb 1, 2023.

1. BenSte

BenSte New Member

Equipment:
    Canon R10
    Hi all!
    First time camera user.
    I’d like to stop my Canon R10 from having continuous focus (focusing when I’m not pressing the shutter button or back focus button).
    I have a back focus button set up, and focus removed from my shutter button, but the camera just won’t stop focusing when nothing is being pressed.
    (I get focus with the button pressed, let go which should “lock” focus, and move camera, and it refocuses!)
    I believe the setting I need to disable is “continuous AF” in the Canon menu, but it just isn’t there on my R10!
    Image from online guide:
    [​IMG]
    and from my camera:
    [​IMG]
    I’ve been through all the menus I can find and still nothing.
    Hoping someone can help!
    Ben

2. John L

John L Active Member

I would check the validity of the "online guide" you used - that option is not shown in the Canon R10 user manual, available here:

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/2/0300044642/01/EOS_R10_Advanced_User_Manual_EN.pdf

Could the problem be something to do with how you have set up or are using back button focus? (I hasten to add I know nothing about the technique and frankly struggle to see any advantage from using it, but that is another debate we should not pursue here).

P.S. That option was available on my Canon M5, but like you, I do not see it on my R10