Canon R7 - No live view on rear screen

Discussion in 'Canon EOS R Series' started by Ade M, May 17, 2023.

1. Ade M

Ade M New Member

Equipment:
    Canon R7
    This R7 is a piece of junk. I am going on holiday tomorrow morning and charged the battery and gave it a test.

I cannot get live view to show in the screen. It shows a menu with a flashing capital Q in the corner.
    I half press the shutter and insted of displaying a live view for composing...I get this - see attached pic.
    Yes it does take a pic if I fully depress the button...but what use is this??
    It was working fine before. Possibly my thick thumbs have hit something...but this is ridiculous.
    Does anyone know how to get it back on to live view?

I have just about had enough of this camera - Canon made it too difficult to use. I dont
    want to take it out, as you never know how its going to fail. You have to fight it every step of the way.
    My 7D was brilliant, it did everything you asked it to do.
    Not this random garbage with this horrible horrible camera.

Attached Files:

2. Ade M

Ade M New Member

Equipment:
    Canon R7
    Its OK guys, managed to fix it. But that is 3 hours I have lost when should be getting stuff ready for going away.
    It was actually the 'Info' button on the back of the camera....jeeez.

This is the only camera I have ever had that actually puts you OFF photography. It is very true.
    Often I've thought I would take the camera out for a walk, and then realised I didnt want a fight on my hands with whatever
    problem it creates. I spend more time messing about with the camera trying to get it to work....than taking pics.
    That is ALL wrong.
    The other game changer is the autofocus indicator jumps to the top left of the screen at a whim. I have to take tha camera away from my face to press the joystick to get if back to centre. That is a complete joke. I am a left eye shooter, and this really, really puts you off going out with the camera.

3. Caladina

Caladina Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    Canon 18-45mm m, Canon 18-150mm m, Canon 55-200mm m, Canon 22mm m, Canon 28mm m macro,
    Sigma 100-400c ef, Sigma 18-35mm art ef,
    7artisans 7.5mm m, Laowa 100mm macro ef, laowa 9mm zeroD m, Vintage M42 Lenses:
    Ashi Super - Takumar 1.8 / 55mm,
    "charged the battery and gave it a test" sound like you only just started to use it, take the time to get use to it

4. Tony B

Tony B New Member

Equipment:
    Canon R5 and an assortment of RF lenses
    And maybe read the manual and to learn how to set it up to your liking.....