Canon Webcam Utility

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by Sebastian Meckovski, May 23, 2020.

1. Sebastian Meckovski

Sebastian Meckovski New Member

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    I was trying to get that new webcam utility working with my Canon M50, but as soon as I install it, restart PC, plug the camera via USB, and nothing happens. PC only recognizes the Camera as file storage. There is no extra webcam available on skype or any other application. Which is a shame because I can see the video preview when I plug it using Canon Utility 2.

One thing I should mention is that I'm based in the UK, and I know it says only available in the US. But the installation of that file was successful. My windows 10 is fully updated, is windows 10 any different in the US?

Are there any cheap alternatives on how to use my Canon M50 as webcam?

2. Sebastian Meckovski

Sebastian Meckovski New Member

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    A little update here - it worked perfectly fine on my Dell laptop with windows 10, so I can exclude location as the cause. It doesn't work on my custom built pc with freshly installed windows 10. Anything else I can try?

Would be really helpful with streaming videogames while having a webcam on without having to spend £100-£200 on card capures