Canon XT not uploading to Imac Catalina

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by Smithswoods, May 2, 2020.

1. Smithswoods

Smithswoods New Member

Equipment:
    Canon Rebel XT/EF-S
    Hi,
    I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if this is an old topic. In the past I have been able to upload photos from my Canon XT to my old Imac with El Capitan software. I upgraded to a newer Imac with Catalina software and can no longer transfer photos to the Imac. I checked with Apple support and it was useless. Canon apparently no longer offers a driver for the XT/Imac. I am thinking of upgrading my Camera body to a T3 but I'm not sure if it will solve the problem.
    Thanks for any help/guidance!
    Paul Smith
    PS: my primary use of the camera is taking photos of my woodworking items to post on the web and submitting quality photos to art shows.

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    You probably only would have a problem with these vintage DSLRs, Eos Utility 2 and 3 are still supported and available. That said I stopped using the utility pretty quickly back then and started got a reader, and have had the same CF card reader since 2005. Pretty good way to investment for $10. Just be careful as you can bend a pin.

upload_2020-5-2_17-0-29.png

3. Smithswoods

Smithswoods New Member

Equipment:
    Canon Rebel XT/EF-S
    Johnsey,
    Thank you! I did not know the CF card reader existed....in the words of Homer Simpson...Doh.. I will order one today!
    Thanks and stay safe!
    Paul