Connection questions for SX730

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by Dodgy Dart, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Dodgy Dart

Dodgy Dart New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 730 SX
    Hello users. I can connect my camera to a laptop/smartphone via wifi, and only the smartphone via bluetooth. Is it possible to connect
    (a) my laptop via bluetooth for when I don't have a wifi connection? (I may add that I can successfully pair it with the laptop).
    (b) my phone via mobile data for when I don't have a wifi connection?

I have the Camera Connect app on my phone, but don't have the Canon software yet on my laptop (I only transfer files, so saw no need for it).

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Cannon Connect for your phone/Camera window for your computer are programs fro establishing a connection with the camera not each other so"b" is not going to work like you want it to.
    For A it looks like that is possible through the option use camera as a access point when your in the computer connection screen. I find this interesting as my 5d for connecting to phone or computer default to using the camera as the wifi point. In other words you don't us your wireless router at all the camera is the hotspot for your device.

You will probably need/want the Camera Window app as I guess it is called to connect with the camera on computer, the browser I never found a need for. If you ever jump up to a camera with raw, digital professional is handy for handling raw files, but if you use programs like adobe PS or LR you don't need that either as you can read them directly that way.