Custom Shooting Modes EOS R5

Discussion in 'Canon EOS R Series' started by Bill Butler, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Bill Butler

Bill Butler New Member

Equipment:
    Canon systems: EO5 R5, EOS Mark IV and various lenses for both
    I have no problem setting custom shooting modes, but most are grayed out and cannot be reloaded.
    I have attached an image of the screen I see when I press the Mode button.

C1m is configured as I want and so is C3p for video when I press the video record button without using the Mode/Info combo. I can set C2 and see it change from C2m to C2Av or whatever else I select. However the items grayed out in the image never appear enabled. I am not sure when this may have started.

Also, I understand there are 6 custom shooting modes- 3 for video and 3 for stills and this is not working either. I never use A+ Fv or P so it took me a while to notice they are unavailable.

Any ideas. I also posted this with CPS but have not sent the image to them.

Attached Files:

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Take a gander at your user manual.... my guess is the restrict specific modes is enabled and several of them are selected.
    upload_2022-11-16_20-59-30.png

3. Bill Butler

Bill Butler New Member

Equipment:
    Canon systems: EO5 R5, EOS Mark IV and various lenses for both
    Thanks John
    Somehow that was either accidentally by me or it shipped that way by default - got it all figured out and 6 custom settings configured
    Bill