EOS Webcam Utility

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by Robert Lloyd Parry, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Robert Lloyd Parry

Robert Lloyd Parry New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS M50
    Hello,
    I recently bought the Canon EOS M50 videoconferencing kit (https://tinyurl.com/y24yap86) and downloaded Eos Webcam Utility, to use to livestream on YouTube. I don't use OBS - just the simple 'go live' function on YouTube.
    The camera feed looks fine, but when used in conjunction with a Yeti Blue USB mic, there is a lag between the audio and video, on both YouTube and Zoom. There is not the same lag when I use the Yeti in conjunction with my regular, quite cheap, webcam.
    Can anyone offer any advice, for someone who is not very tech savvy.
    all the best,
    Robert

2. Gregory Lee

Gregory Lee Member

Equipment:
    Canon 80D
    Canon M50
    Canon M100
    A bunch of lenses and other stuff
    You need to connect the microphone's headphone output to your M50 Mic input and configure your M50 to use the audio from the Mic in instead of its inbuild mics and your PC/EOS utility to use camera audio rather than the Yeti via USB.
    Watch this video. If I were you I'd skip to around 30 seconds and the guy does some annoying intro up to this point and it's just a waste of time.

G.

3. Robert Lloyd Parry

Robert Lloyd Parry New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS M50
    Thanks very much - I'll give it a try...

4. Stefan Podolczuk

Stefan Podolczuk New Member

Equipment:
    canon eos 4000D
    Does anyone have a copy of the 0.9 version of the software they could email me please?

I unfortunately deleted it during a reinstall of OSx and now I'm using the 1.0 webcam utility software this screen intermittently pops up when it didn't before
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

not so professional looking while streaming, canon support hasn't complied with sharing that version of the software with onyl the new one available one the site, and help much appreciated..

Thanks team

Stef

5. Gregory Lee

Gregory Lee Member

Equipment:
    Canon 80D
    Canon M50
    Canon M100
    A bunch of lenses and other stuff
    Try this...

https://www.diyvideostudio.com/how-...at_is_EOS_Webcam_Utility_Beta_0_9_0_for_macOS

G.

6. Stefan Podolczuk

Stefan Podolczuk New Member

Equipment:
    canon eos 4000D