Good Morning!

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Lindy, Feb 6, 2021.

?

Can any birders confirm this hawk is a sharp shinned immature?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lindy

Lindy New Member

Equipment:
    Canon Rebel T5
    I am an armchair birder. Most of my pics come from viewing my deck feeding stations. I am using a Canon Rebel T5 and VERY happy with it. I take the majority of my photos right through the window, from my recliner.
    We also go to a nearby valley where it is almost always possible to find turkeys, eagles, swans (seasonal), coyotes, water fowl and beautiful scenery. I am trying to positively ID the hawk below. I think it is an immature Northern Sharp Shin. Any birder input is welcome!
    name.JPG

Attached Files:

2. JRS950

JRS950 Member

Equipment:
    EOS Rebel T6S
    EF-S 18-135; EF-S 55-250; EF 50mm 1.8,
    Speedlite 470EX-AI
    Welcome and great photo. I don't know what bird that is, but I'm sure someone will know.

Lindy likes this.
  3. RickyG

RickyG New Member

Equipment:
    Canon t6
    The best I can tell you is it is a Hawk. The best I can say is he is watching you very carefully. Nice shot. Right now the best I could do is show you blowing sand. We are having upwards of 50 mph gusts and since I live in a very agricultural area there is a ton of blowing sand.
    I can't even get a good shot of the geese that I hear most days.
    I prefer raptors myself so geese are kind of a let down for me. I can't have bird feeders here at the house because I have a couple of cats (they were rescues when they were tiny little kittens) one of them can jump up to about 6 feet into the air if he wants. He will hunt when feeling ambitious or feeling spunky. The other likes things that run on the ground.

Lindy likes this.
  4. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Welcome to the forums Lindy!

Lindy likes this.
  5. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

Gary