Hello from the Pacific NW

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by RickyG, Jan 7, 2021.

1. RickyG

RickyG New Member

Equipment:
    Canon t6
    Hello folks.
    If you couldn't guess my name is Rick. I live in NE Oregon. I have played with photography for a long time. Most of what I have done was with film. Yes and most of that was shot with Pentax camera's. Loved them. But after my wife and I bought her a Canon DSLR (she said we could share) I knew I had to have one. I knew we couldn't share. Anyway for Christmas this year she got me a T-6. I have played with it for a little bit I have been using the one lens it came with and with an adaptor a couple of lenses I had for my old Pentax. In using those I know it is all manual. I don't mind. As my other camera's were manual anyway.
    I do have an old Canon t50 that was my dads. It's all right just not my favorite.
    I am hoping to get involved with some of your monthly contests. Most of what I do is wildlife stuff. As long as it is wild I don't really care. Big Deer, Elk, Coyote, Fox, porcupines, ground squirrels, big horn sheep, mountain goats. Birds of prey.
    I do like to take pictures of abandoned buildings. That is a lot of fun for me.
    I will get around and post up what I have in terms of lenses. Nothing grand mind you but I do get some pretty good shots. Not pro quality or anything but Nice.
    I am also into cycling. (I don't look like your usual cyclist but I do ride.) I have been into cars all of my life. The most powerful was my 70 GTO. Should never have let that one go. My 73 Mustang was a pile that needed tons of bodywork. My 71 Maverick Looked cool but only had a 6 cylinder, should have crossed it with my Mustang. My last hot rod was my factory turbocharged 80 Trans Am. One of 5500 documented hardtop ( the big rage then was "T" tops and mine didn't have it.) hood bird delete car. Tons of parts but only drove it for a month. Had it 20 years.
    Well I have used up way to much space. Told you all way more than I should have.
    Happy Shooting you all.
    Rick

2. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff
    Hello Rick, and welcome to the forum.

I am/was a Pentax shooter as well. I am looking forward to your input. Just jump in where you want to.

Gary

3. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Welcome to the forum Rick, hope you enjoy the T6 :)
    There are plenty of us with more than one system so you will find a number of guys that do adapt lenses like you have started.

4. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Hello. Ricky, it will be good to see some of your wildlife shots.

5. RickyG

RickyG New Member

Equipment:
    Canon t6
    Thank you folks. Happy to be here. Hopefully be productive. I have high hopes and I expect a lot of myself. Of the hundreds of photo's I have taken I have 2 that I am very very happy with. I have to get them converted digital media. No worries I will be posting things soon enough.