Help: Canon EOS 750D problems!

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by SamHJ, Sep 16, 2018.

1. SamHJ

SamHJ New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS 750D
    Hello

I'm hoping someone can help...

I recently purchased the above new from the Canon web store less than a week ago. I'm having some problems with it and not really sure what to do and Canon don't seem too sure themselves...

The camera can be in any mode and I could be taking a couple of snaps and out of no where, the message 'Err' will blink on the view finder and disable the entire camera. There is no error code either. The only remedy to bring it alive again is taking the battery out and restarting.

If that doesn't happen, the camera switches of mid-shoot and doesn't turn back on despite the battery indicator showing its it full charge. I'm yet to discover a remedy for this that doesn't involve charging the battery.

And lastly, in the 4 days I've had the camera, the battery has been charged about 5 times and has rarely been used.

I'd be most grateful for some thoughts on what the problems could be and/or if there is something I can do. This is my first DSLR so any thoughts welcome!

Many thanks :)

Attached Files:

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    I'm not sure what the conversation was with canon but this is something that would require them to service it and replace some of the internals, so I hope that was part of your conversation with them. That said since its only 4 days old, just return it and get another one.
    Your battery lasts a small fraction of what it should, in my opinion It sounds like you got a refurbished model that still has issues and a bad battery.

3. rayallen

rayallen Well-Known Member Site Supporter

No 4 day old camera should act like that. It has serious problems and you should return it immediately and insist on a replacement.

4. SamHJ

SamHJ New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS 750D
    Thanks all!
    The camera has been returned and another purchased which works a dream

rayallen likes this.