How to disable or remove aberration correction data for lenses

Discussion in 'Canon EOS M Series' started by Andreas17, May 15, 2021.

1. Andreas17

Andreas17 New Member

Equipment:
    EOS M50, EF-EOS-M Adapter, EF-M 15-45mm, Tamron EF-S 16-300mm, Sigma EF 50-500mm
    The menu of the EOS M50 allows me to switch on or off corrections of predefined lenses - nothing else.
    Neither the camera menu nor the EOS tools provides the possibility to add or to remove or to modify correction data for lenses. Canon might offer more possibilities for profi cameras I don't know.
    To illustrate that I've added copies from the user manual. It's german. But I'm sure you find the correcponding pages in the english version.
    Page 62 displays the modus wheel. Position 1 to 4 are automated modes where the aberration menu is not available. Position 5 covers the more manual modes P/Tv/Av/M where the aberration menu is available, The aberration menu is explained on page 136.
    Once more - I'm satisfied when I can disable aberration correction in all modes 1 to 5 and not only 5. For this I expect a firmware update is needed.

Attached Files:

2. Peter23

Peter23 New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS M50
    Tamron 16-300mm lens
    Canon 11-22mm lens
    Hi Andreas,
    Just come across your question and I'm wondering if you ever found a solution to your issue. I recently purchased a second hand Tamron 16-300 lens to use with my EOS M50. I have exactly the same issue - the colour aberration is terrible at 16mm. I had accidently knocked the lens a little so I thought that was why and sent it off for repair! I do believe the lens is a little sharper after the repair but the CA is as bad as ever and I found, like you, by turning the correction off, the CA improved dramatically. If there's no solution then I think I may try the Sigma 18-300 lens. Cheers, Peter