How to Post Photos on the Forum

Discussion in 'Post Your Photos' started by Phil, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Phil

Phil Administrator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon 7D - 50mm F1.8, 70-200mm F4, 17-70mm F2.8-4.5
    1: Upload directly to the post
    On the post page, there is a button labeled "Upload a File". When that is clicked, choose a file to upload onto your post. From there, you can add it to your post as a thumbnail, or a full size image. Screen Shot 2017-03-19 at 9.54.24 PM copy.png

2. Upload to the Canon Forums Photo Gallery
    If you have photos uploaded to your gallery, you can just use those photos to put on a post. To do so, click the button to embed a photo as shown below:
    Screen Shot 2017-03-19 at 10.00.44 PM.jpg
    And then choose the photo(s) you want to add to the post by clicking on them.

3. Link to the image from an external site
    On the post page, there is a button that allows a linked image. First click on the icon shown below, and then enter in the URL.
    Screen Shot 2017-03-19 at 10.04.10 PM.png

2. Phil

Phil Administrator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon 7D - 50mm F1.8, 70-200mm F4, 17-70mm F2.8-4.5
    This is the place to share photos with other member of our community! You may attach photos directly to your thread using our attachment system, embed files posted elsewhere on the site, or embed photos from external hosts, such as flickr.

We have sub-forums for a varierty of different categories of photos. If your photo doesn't fit in any of the sub-categories, you may post in the main section instead.

Please limit each thread to 15 photos.

If you need help uploading photos, please post in our site help forum for assistance:

CanonForums Support Forum

3. frank the canon man

frank the canon man New Member

Equipment:
    i have a canon ae-1 program film camera, plus two canon digital point and shoot cameras.
    IMGP0342.JPG night picture in my back yard. IMGP0143.JPG

Attached Files:

4. Paul F

Paul F New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 80D
    What's the correct etiquette for posting photo's?
    I noticed on the "black and white" section there are multiple pages and contributors, but on the majority of other topics, there seems to be only one. Do I simply "join in" on a thread, or do I need to create my own to avoid offending the OP?
    Also, I notice most have their own personal gallery. Does this build up naturally as you contribute pics, or is it something that has to be created?
    Thanks.

5. GDN

GDN Active Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff

Just join in with an existing thread if you wish. Or feel free to start a new thread. If you add to an existing thread, that thread goes to the top of the page. You are correct in saying that most threads are single person, but there are a number of multiple user and page threads. Just post under the post your photos part. Just join in, and if you're doing something wrong, one of us will point you in the right direction.

Gary