Insuring your gear

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by Caladina, Feb 13, 2020.

  1. Caladina

    Caladina Member

    Jan 30, 2020
    As i've not had any expensive toys before, what are you guys with the big stuff doing regards to out and about insurance for camera gear?

    at the moment i just have away from home cover on my contents insurance.
    likely to be involved is: m50, sigma 100-400 and a couple of kit lenses, nothing individually over 1k but it all adds up.
    do you have more expensive stuff listed as valuable items on your policy or do you have a special one?

  2. Allan Cobb

    Allan Cobb New Member

    Mar 2, 2020
    EOS 7D Mark II
    EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II USM
    50mm f/1.5 FD
    28mm f/2.8 FD
    Canon 7
    50mm f/1.4 LTM
    50mm f/1.2 LTM
    100mm f/3.5 LTM (Late Version)
    135mm f/3.5 LTM (Chrome)
    135mm f/3.5 Serenar LTM (US Army Signal Corps)
    I have a Valuable Personal Property rider to my homeowner's insurance policy. For about $6K worth of property, the annual premium is about $100 US. It saves having to apply the deductible from your regular homeowners policy should you have to make a claim.

Share This Page