Looking for opinions on lens lineup

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by Jeffki, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Jeffki

Jeffki New Member

Hello fellow canon shooters. Some context: I've fairly recently gone pro again, mostly shooting real estate, I've dug out most of my old kit but upgraded the body from 5D mII to the R5C. I also do a bunch of drone stuff.

I have:

17-40mm f4 L

50mm f1.4 sigma art

100mm f2.8 L macro

70-200mm f4 L

I use the 17-40 and the 100 the most, but right now I'm going more into video work (lifestyle, product, interviews etc) and discovered the sigma 50 doesn't work in video mode.

I feel a bit naked without my "bridge" prime even though I think I can get by with the other 2 in almost any situations. I'm also missing my 24-105 that I sold years ago, the 24-70 f2.8 seems like a tempting option to bridge the gap but not really sure how much value is in covering every single focal length, Vs getting another 50 prime maybe?

Looking at my lineup with fresh eyes what do you think about it, what would you change? I'm also open to non-canon lenses if they deliver stellar image.

2. Ray-UK

Ray-UK Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon 7D Mk II, Canon 10-22, Canon 24-105 L Mk 1, Canon 24mm 2.8, Canon 55-250 STM, Canon 100mm usm macro, 3x Metz 58 AF1 & too many film cameras, mainly Pentax
    I'm not familiar with the Sigma 50mm but can't understand why it doesn't work for video, what exactly does it not do.