New to forum saying hello from Indiana

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by tbfoto, Mar 26, 2022.

1. tbfoto

tbfoto New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 1D Mark IIN
    New guy to this forum. I've been a photographer for the past 25 years. I used to shoot commercially for local newspaper and magazines. I worked with a local studio and did many weddings, school events such as proms, portraits, sports. I did all this while working another fulltime job. Having recently retired I'm looking to get back into shooting more. I'm dusting off the old equipment and trying to figure out if upgrades are really needed. Although I started out back in the days of film only, I did eventually move into the digital world and last camera I bought (and still own) is my Canon 1D mark II n. I also still own my first digital camera a Canon 20D. Both cameras still operate as they should but will require new batteries, so I hope to get some help finding those. Anyway, looking forward to this new (again) venture.

2. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Welcome to the forum, tbfoto. There is a active use of film and older digital cameras being use on the forum by community members, myself I use film and a 1D mark3. Your experience will be greatly appreciated on the channel.

3. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

Gary

4. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Welcome to the forum tb, I still have my 20d as well, I just never use it as I have a few upgrades since then. You will likely have to resort to a non canon replacement battery for the BP-511 they have not made replacements of these discontinued batteries for years but there are after market options. I normally recommend canon only as some batteries brands can glitch in cameras and not work properly, but you may be able to find a reasonable replacement if you read the reviews first by others who purchased them