Not getting 1080p HD on YouTube using Canon M50

Discussion in 'Canon EOS M Series' started by ojharper, Jul 5, 2022.

1. ojharper

ojharper New Member

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    Hi all, I hope you can help me.
    I currently use a Canon M50 via USB and the webcam utility to stream the Sunday services for my church every Sunday. It works great, however, I can only get 720p quality on the online stream and can't go any higher. The streaming software I'm using is OBS if that helps.

I would rather not have to use clean HDMI for the stream because it gets very confusing for people who have to set up, and the overhead projector already occupies the HDMI port on the laptop.

Is there anything that can be done about this? I would like to download the videos and use them for content on social media afterward, but the quality isn't up to par.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

Demi

2. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Dem
    Demi, may I suggest you put your question to Johnsey as he is well versed in this area of photography.

3. Caladina

Caladina Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    Canon 18-45mm m, Canon 18-150mm m, Canon 55-200mm m, Canon 22mm m, Canon 28mm m macro,
    Sigma 100-400c ef, Sigma 18-35mm art ef,
    7artisans 7.5mm m, Laowa 100mm macro ef, laowa 9mm zeroD m, Vintage M42 Lenses:
    Ashi Super - Takumar 1.8 / 55mm,
    yeah, i'm a heavy user of the M50 for photography but unfortunately in this case i can't help you as i havent done any serious video with it as yet