One Au Natural Beauty. :)

Discussion in 'Post Your Photos' started by Tonytee, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Tonytee

Tonytee Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon EOS Rebel T5 with Canon EF-S 18~55mm kit lens and Canon EF-S 55-250 mm 1:4~5.6 IS II
    Telephoto Lens.
    Lens: Pentax 18~55mm kit. Camera: Pentax k-50 Photo Location: Sherwood Forest ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F6.3

Focal Length 55mm, Manual Exposure Mode, No Fill Flash With Spot Metering.
    IMGP0917 (2).JPG
    Thanks for viewing. This image with the exception of resizing and cloning out a few distractions, is straight out of camera. I know there are what appears to be some

unwanted sharpening artifacts, however I suspect they are caused by my use or over use of the presets. [​IMG] Unfortunately, the K-50 is history.

Cheers and Happy Holidays.

TT

rayallen likes this.

2. Tonytee

Equipment:
    Canon EOS Rebel T5 with Canon EF-S 18~55mm kit lens and Canon EF-S 55-250 mm 1:4~5.6 IS II
    Telephoto Lens.
    Thanks to you, Ray. :)

TT

rayallen likes this.
  3. rayallen

rayallen Well-Known Member Site Supporter

After having a second look...that is a very sweet and pleasing image. Tony. The soft light brings out all the details where it counts. I really like it.
    What do you mean by "the K-50 is history"? Is it broken? What happened to it?

4. Tonytee

Equipment:
    Telephoto Lens.
    Greetings Ray, Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I started having the aperture block problem with the K-50, where the images, or no images were completely black. I brought it in for an examination and sure enough that was the issue. They wanted a boatload of money to repair it, so I thought it would be more cost effective to invest the money into a Pentax k-7. Excellent little camera with many useful features and the body is built tough and with WR. Many thanks Ray, and a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year to you and yours.

Cheers, Mate. :))
    TT

5. Robert Shears

Robert Shears Active Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Pentax K-5, K-r, K20D, K100D Super.
    Canon G5, Canon 450D, Eos 100, 500, 600, T70 and T90
    Konica Minolta 7D
    Various OEM and 3rd party lenses in Pentax, Minolta and Canon.
    TT, will you be keeping the K-50 for use with manual lenses? I have kept my K-500 (recently purchased) after finding it had aperture block for that purpose, makes a handy 2nd body with a good legacy prime.

Tonytee likes this.
  6. Tonytee

Equipment:
    Telephoto Lens.
    I only wish I had known that earlier. The K-50 was donated to our local Goodwill store. Thanks for the info. Tony

7. Robert Shears

Robert Shears Active Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Pentax K-5, K-r, K20D, K100D Super.
    Canon G5, Canon 450D, Eos 100, 500, 600, T70 and T90
    Konica Minolta 7D
    Various OEM and 3rd party lenses in Pentax, Minolta and Canon.
    Tony, an update on my K-500.
    One of the tips I read was to fit the camera with 4 AA batteries that provided more than 6v and fire off some rapid shots so I purchased a cheap battery holder, fitted some new lithium AA's and gave it a go.
    Result is that the aperture block has been cured...….at least temporarily. The tip did mention the cure is not likely to be permanent.
    Just thought I should let you know in case you come across another Pentax with the problem.

Tonytee likes this.
  8. Tonytee

Equipment:
    Telephoto Lens.
    Great many thanks for taking the time to share some very useful information. :) Happy New Year. TT