Post your panoramic shots...here's mine. Mt. San Gorgonio from Moreno Valley, California.

Discussion in 'Post Your Photos' started by porkphoto, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Grumpy John

Grumpy John Member

Equipment:
    EOS 7D MkII
    EOS R6
    Canon RF16
    Canon RF85
    Canon RF24-240
    Canon EF 50
    Canon EF 85
    Sigma 150-600mm 5.0-6.3
    Tamron 28-300
    Canon Speedlite 580EXII
    Yongnuo YN14EX Ring Flash
    I used Image Composite Editor to process the images after doing some straightening in ACR.

2. Isac

Isac Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Cameras:
    7D / 7D Mark II / SX-50
    Canons-10 - 300mm
    Tamrons-17-400mm
    Sigmas-18-500
    How did you get the 12 shots? Tripod?

3. Grumpy John

Grumpy John Member

Equipment:
    EOS 7D MkII
    EOS R6
    Canon RF16
    Canon RF85
    Canon RF24-240
    Canon EF 50
    Canon EF 85
    Sigma 150-600mm 5.0-6.3
    Tamron 28-300
    Canon Speedlite 580EXII
    Yongnuo YN14EX Ring Flash
    Sorry, yes tripod and rotating around a fixed point. I messed around for ages trying to achieve a dead level plane, but gave up in the end. I managed to get it pretty close and made the final adjustments in PP.

4. Isac

Isac Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Cameras:
    7D / 7D Mark II / SX-50
    Canons-10 - 300mm
    Tamrons-17-400mm
    Sigmas-18-500
    I have one of these, they are great.
    Panasaurus Tripod Head.jpg

5. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff

Thanks for the link.

Gary

Isac likes this.
  6. John L

John L Active Member

I went to get some shots of a steam engine on its return journey this evening and noticed that we had a nice sunset. This is a 4-image pano, each of which is a 5-shot HDR (processed in Aurora) and then joined in Lightroom Classic.

[​IMG]Backwell sunset pano by John Liddle, on Flickr

Edom31, GDN, Paul F and 1 other person like this.
  7. Tonytee

Tonytee Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon EOS Rebel T5 with Canon EF-S 18~55mm kit lens and Canon EF-S 55-250 mm 1:4~5.6 IS II
    Telephoto Lens.
    {53096959-10C6-4F23-A00B-EC3126ACF189}-08-25-2018 Ecola Park 011.JPG

This coastal scene is of Ecola State Park, Cannon Beach, Oregon. Hope you all enjoy this one and many thanks for viewing. :) TT

Edom31, Isac, GDN and 1 other person like this.
  8. Tonytee

Equipment:
    Canon EOS Rebel T5 with Canon EF-S 18~55mm kit lens and Canon EF-S 55-250 mm 1:4~5.6 IS II
    Telephoto Lens.
    Many thanks to you, Paul F. :) Tony

9. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff

Nice piece of coast line Tony. Any plans to return at dusk or dawn?

Gary

Tonytee likes this.
  10. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Nice composition, Tony, I hope you don't mind if I make a suggestion.
    Have a look at your rocks in the foreground and you see them very black and lack some detail.
    Increase your settings by one to one and a half stops of light.
    Suggestion number two, if possible. use a polarizing filter, look at the image and you will see a lot of blue haze, in the old days of film we used a UV, 1A or skylight filter to control this. Another thing that might help with the blue haze is put your white ballance to shadow. The quick way to do this is hit the Q button and bring up white ballance, then select shadow. Photoshop should also help you out.
    Go into PS, then create a new layer ( in case the results are yick, then delete the layer and start again).
    Go to Image, down to Adjustments, across to color balance, down to the bottom of the page you will find 3 buttons, shadows. mid-tones and highlights.
    Click on highlights, then up to cyan/red slider and increase the red a bit by sliding that way.
    Now go down to the yellow/blue slider and increase the yellow by sliding that way.
    This should remove some of the blue haze and give the image a more natural look.
    I have put the image in photoshop and modified your image. i have been having no luck uploading it, will try tomorrow.

Hope you don't mind me critiquing your image.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    Tonytee likes this.
  11. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Nice image, John, sometime those off chance shots pay out quite nicely

12. Tonytee

Equipment:
    Telephoto Lens.
    Many thanks for your comment Gary. With the way life is here now with the COVID-19 Pandemic over our heads, we have no plans of going anywhere for a while. :)) Tony

13. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    This is what I woke up too this morning, there has been snow on Mt. Wellington for the last 3 days, This shot was taken at 11.00 am, the snow has melted a bit since yesterday but still has some on it. This image was taken in the northern suburbs of Hobart. Mt.Wellington_Panorama.jpg

rayallen likes this.
  14. Isac

Isac Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Cameras:
    7D / 7D Mark II / SX-50
    Canons-10 - 300mm
    Tamrons-17-400mm
    Sigmas-18-500
    Hi Craig. What program did you stitch the images with? (and how many)

15. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    Photoshop 2017. there was two images, I went into file then down to automate then across and down to photomerge. I noticed that the colour was out a bit so I clicked image and then went down to auto colour.
    I took the image with my 1Dmark3, the lens was a 28mm Soligor which has a m42 mout and m42 to EOS adapter.
    I had a circular polarized filter.

16. Isac

Isac Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Cameras:
    7D / 7D Mark II / SX-50
    Canons-10 - 300mm
    Tamrons-17-400mm
    Sigmas-18-500
    I forgot to ask if you had PC or Mac?

17. Tonytee

Equipment:
    Telephoto Lens.
    Hello Craig, first of all, of course I do not mind your feedback. A couple of things, first: This was taken a long time ago with a Nikon D70 which is notorious for its Low Dynamic Range and so there is no Green Button to press. :( Second, this was on a day of extreme harsh
    sunlight and what you see is the result of using a CPL. Third: I do not have Photoshop or LightroomCC. This was edited in Windows Photo Gallery, so editing options were quite limited. Thanks again and please feel free to offer up as much of your expertise as you wish.

Cheers Mate, :) I do not know why, but I just love saying that. :))

TT

18. rayallen

rayallen Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Hi Craig, I have been watching the weather forecasts on the TV and had noticed that you have been having some very wintery days. Each time I see maximum temps of 10 or 11 I think of you. Thanks for sharing your view of snow on Mt. Wellington. That's probably as close as I will be to seeing and feeling it.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  19. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    Thanks, Ray.
    Sometimes we get to 16 degrees, a bit of a heatwave and the state's lowest this week was -14 degrees recorded in the midlands. Where I live we have had a few light frosts, a great deal of the state had snow, I think we got ripped off. It would have been wonderful if it had snowed. Last time it snowed in the Hobart area it was like a winter wonderland.
    Oh, well winter is not over yet, it might snow in Hobart yet.

rayallen likes this.
  20. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    Tony, may I suggest you have a look at Gimp, the latest version is Gimp2.
    This is a free to download and is very similar to photoshop, there is heaps on how to use it on You Tube.
    I was using it myself till I was given a copy of photoshop 2017.
    Unlike your present software you can do a lot more and it pretty easy to understand and lean. Please give it a go, you will be pleased.

Tonytee likes this.