Red Lines Across My Photos

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by John Clair, Apr 9, 2022.

1. John Clair

John Clair New Member

Equipment:
    Conon EOS R
    24-105mm f4
    70-200mm f4
    Hello All,

This is my first post here on Canon Forums but, unfortunately, it seems I have an issue with the sensor of my Canon EOS R. If you look at the below photo, you can see these red lines running across the image and ruining the photo.

This isn't the first time I've encountered this problem. When I came across it in October '21, I sent it away to a Canon approved repair shop in Dublin, Ireland and they, in turn, sent it away to Canon. It came back to me with the repair shop saying Canon could not find an issue with it, with no cost to me (much to my relief).

Sure enough, since then, the camera was running flawlessly until yesterday when the problem reared it's ugly head again. If there is a way to fix this problem, I would obviously be happy to hear it as the price of either repair or replacement isn't too appealing.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

JC Molls Gap.jpg Molls Gap.jpg

2. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff
    Two questions.

Do you see these lines on the rear LCD of your camera when reviewing these images?

Secondly, what software are you using to open up the images on your computer with?

Gary

3. John Clair

John Clair New Member

Equipment:
    Conon EOS R
    24-105mm f4
    70-200mm f4
    Hi there Gary,

I did indeed notice the lines on the LCD and the viewfinder also.

I use Lightroom to open and edit my photos.

Thanks

John

4. Caladina

Caladina Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    Canon 18-45mm m, Canon 18-150mm m, Canon 55-200mm m, Canon 22mm m, Canon 28mm m macro,
    Sigma 100-400c ef, Sigma 18-35mm art ef,
    7artisans 7.5mm m, Laowa 100mm macro ef, laowa 9mm zeroD m, Vintage M42 Lenses:
    Ashi Super - Takumar 1.8 / 55mm,
    looks like a sensor issue, do you see them when the camera has been running for a while or are they now on the first image when you start using the camera, i'm wondering if they are pixels that have gotten overheated.
    have you done any images with lasers in the scene?,

though you will need to get this repaired / replaced have you tried doing a long exposure with long exposure noise reduction turned on, see if the camera can recognize the the damages areas and render them out internally, its not going to be an ideal fix but i'm curious if it can dial them out, in theory it should see them with the long exposure noise reduction and subtract them from the image using its closed shutter image it takes