Sight problems

Discussion in 'Critique' started by Len, May 18, 2024.

1. Len

Len New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 90D.
    Canon EF 70-200 f4,
    Sigma 24-70 f2.8,
    Sigma 18-35 f1.8,
    Tokina 11-16 f2.8 atx-i
    Hi everyone. I am now 79 years young with a worsening eye sight. The main problem I have is that I cannot clearly see my 2 Canon cameras screen, for assessing the photo I have just taken. I am looking for any ideas from members to with suggestions for improving this problem. I know about the seemo but cannot find any reliable info on them. I use a iPhone which would give me a bigger screen. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Len

2. Thumbnail

Thumbnail Active Member Site Supporter

Hi Len. I'm a few years older than you and have struggled with sight since I was about ten years old, fortunately various spectacles restored my view on the world until I had bi-lateral cataract operations a few years ago. It occurs me that you need a conversation with your optician to discuss your needs in some depth because I'm sure the issues you are having can be mitigated with the right prescription(s).
    If you don't want to go down that route for whatever reason, there is a variety of other magnifying options around but without further information about your particular problem I can't advise any further.

3. Len

Len New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 90D.
    Canon EF 70-200 f4,
    Sigma 24-70 f2.8,
    Sigma 18-35 f1.8,
    Tokina 11-16 f2.8 atx-i
    Thanks Thumbnail. I had 2 cataract operations a few years ago which sadly went bad. As I said for photography my problem is not being able to view the on camera screen clearly. I need something bigger. Unfortunately the Canon connect app does not allow me to do what I want , which is to expand the size of the screen on my iPhone. The accsoon seemo seems a good piece of kit. The problem is the only reviews I have read seem to only cover the item being used for videography. I only do still photography, so this is the main question I need answering with. Again thanks. Len

4. Caladina

Caladina Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    Canon 18-45mm m, Canon 18-150mm m, Canon 55-200mm m, Canon 22mm m, Canon 28mm m macro,
    Sigma 100-400c ef, Sigma 18-35mm art ef,
    7artisans 7.5mm m, Laowa 100mm macro ef, laowa 9mm zeroD m, Vintage M42 Lenses:
    Ashi Super - Takumar 1.8 / 55mm,
    have you tried their product support on their own website?
    it has a contact page