Small question about RF 35+85 STM lenses

Discussion in 'Canon Lens Discussion' started by vadimverenitsyn, Dec 8, 2020.

1. vadimverenitsyn

vadimverenitsyn New Member

Equipment:
    Canon/Sony
    Friends, recently I was in a store and wanted to buy R5 + RF STM 35 mm and 85 mm (both lenses have stabilization and macro mode, you know). What surprised me was the speed of focusing in video mode! Everything is terribly slow! In photo mode everything is fine, but as soon as I turn on the video mode, the lenses don't have time to focus on my wife's eyes, for example. And I so wanted to shoot a blog about children and our dog. Very very very slow, on any settings!

After reading the forums and reviews, I realized that Canon specifically slows down the STM motor so that the sound does not spoil when recording in video mode. But I don't need to record audio, I use a directional microphone or recorder.

Question! How do I get these two lenses, which are great in their characteristics, to focus faster, in both the two photo and video modes equally? I tried all the settings I could find. Nothing helps! Do you also have these two lenses focus slowly in video mode? Or did I miss something?

Thanks!