The macro lens choice time is here.

Discussion in 'Canon Lens Discussion' started by EdTX409, Jul 31, 2021.

1. EdTX409

EdTX409 Member

Equipment:
    Canon M50, Canon EOS R, Sigma 17-70 2.8-4, Tamron 70-210 f/4, Sigma 150mm Macro, Canon EF 24-105 f/4
    It is time. I was looking at the Tokina ATX 100 (had it in 2018 and was a good lens). But I really need a lens with IS/OS in it. I had the regular Canon EF 100 macro long ago but sold it since there was something about it I didn't totally like (plus no IS). My current like of thinking has lenses on the total opposite side of the scale from each other. Sigma 105mm macro and the Canon 100L. I would like to use whatever macro lens I get for future work that I am planning on doing (product shots for online sales). I know the most product and macro shots will be on a tripod so IS will be off, but for everything else, I really need that feature. As of now, I can go with either lens. I have owned L and Sigma glass and both make great lenses. Are there any others in the 100mm range that fit what I am looking for (mainly the IS/OS and no full manual). I kinda have plans about the MP-E next year.