Using Olympus lenses on my EOS 70D

Discussion in 'Canon Lens Discussion' started by Clive, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Clive

Clive New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS 70D
    I've just bought my first Canon camera - very pleased by the way, but have a couple of old lenses that originally graced my Olympus e20, which use 62mm threads. I've looked everywhere, but can't anything specific pointing to a suitable adapter. Is the idea feasible ? If so, where might I get one.
    Thanks.

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    I thought the Olympus e20 was a bridge camera meaning it had a single fixed lens. It did have a 62mm filter thread which is a pretty common filter size.

3. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff

What are these lenses that you have? Any chance of an picture or two of them?

Gary

4. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Clive, I think you might be running into a bit of trouble if the setting of the aperture is reliant on the camera's software, the lens has to communicate with the camera and if you have two different brands, there can be conflict. Now if your aperture is manually done, then it may work by placing the camera in Aperture Priority, set the aperture and the camera will do the rest or set it in manual and take it from there. If one is available then Ebay will be your first port of call.

5. Clive

Clive New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS 70D
    Hi everyone,
    Appreciate the replies and advice. I've already got two good zoom lenses from Canon.
    They'll satisfy my needs! The Olympus lenses were good, but intended for the Olympus e10 or e20 -
    a lifetime ago.
    Cheers
    Clive