Viewfinder Issue Canon 750D

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by Birgitt, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Birgitt

Birgitt New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS 750D
    Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my Canon EOS 750D. It's strange but I'll try to explain it as best as I can.
    When I look through my viewfinder it is blurry and has a dark brown layer over it. I can still see some colors and shapes but all in all it's just a blurry brown mush. When I take pictures using the viewfinder (ISO is automatic) the picture is overexposed. When I adjust the ISO myself the picture turns out fine and is not overexposed. Also, when I press the AF area selection button the viewfinder gets a red layer on top of the already brown one. I tried to recreate some pictures of what it looks like when looking through the viewfinder and attached them. Viewfinder_1.jpg Viewfinder_2.jpg

When I turn on the screen and take a picture everything works fine. I can also film without any complications and the quality is great.

Does anybody have an idea what the problem could be? I wanted to ask before sending it in.

Attached Files:

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    You'll have to send this in, this is not something I have ever seen before.

3. Waipounamu

Waipounamu New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 750D, EFS 18-135mm
    Hi, I've got the same issue. Was this resolved easily?