"What's In Your Closet?"

Discussion in 'Critique' started by Tonytee, Dec 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Tonytee

Tonytee Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon EOS Rebel T5 with Canon EF-S 18~55mm kit lens and Canon EF-S 55-250 mm 1:4~5.6 IS II
    Telephoto Lens.
    Lens: Canon EF-S 55~250mm STM Lens Camera: Canon EOS 80 D Photo Location: My Study ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F16
    Focal Length 250mm, Manual Exposure Mode, Nikon SB-24 Speedlight With Multi-Segment Metering.

I have been experiencing some accurate focusing issues with this outfit and decided to get them all straightened out.

Post Photo Editing included downsizing, and sharpening to number three on the slider in FastStonesimageviewer. There is some evidence of sharpening artifacts around the

number 72, however I wanted to see how far I could get without going overboard. I could knock it down to #2 or even #1 and still have an acceptable amount of sharpness.

This was shot without the use of a tripod, with both Auto-Focus and Image Stabilization on, of course. I was sitting in a high back office chair while shooting so that helped

a lot as far as being able to remain still. I am looking primarily for feedback in regards to sharpness.

Thanks very much for viewing.

Tonytee IMG_1306.JPG

2. Grumpy John

Grumpy John Member

Equipment:
    EOS 7D MkII
    EOS R6
    Canon RF16
    Canon RF85
    Canon RF24-240
    Canon EF 50
    Canon EF 85
    Sigma 150-600mm 5.0-6.3
    Tamron 28-300
    Canon Speedlite 580EXII
    Yongnuo YN14EX Ring Flash
    It's been a long time and no response so I'll put in my two bobs worth.
    For me the sharpness is very good overall, i can even read the small print on the Dilbert Monopoly box. I am not seeing any artefacts on either on the 72's, which one are you seeing the artefacts on @Tonytee?
    The brown box in the top right corner is a tad on the soft side and the shadow on the wall is very soft, but that is obviously a DOF issue.
    I'm not familiar with the 80D, what AF options do you have, and which one did you use for this image. Dous the 80D offer Microfocus Adjustment in its menu options?