Which camera is best?

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by Photobbx, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Photobbx

Photobbx New Member

Hi there! I’m quite an amateur when it comes to photography. I did a college course but it was quite a few years ago so I don’t remember much. Wanted to get back into it but my camera at the minute is a fujifilm and I don’t like it. I was looking for a better camera but kind of stuck on which one to go for, price budget up to £500

2. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Welcome to the forum, looking at your question I would say we would need more information. what type of camera do you presently have, point and shoot, SLR etc. If it is a SLR what lenses do you have. What is it you don't like about the camera you presently own and what is the problems you have with your present camera? The forum can help in this area. Now what works for me or someone else on this forum might not work for you. My best advice is to go to a camera store and look at what they have there. It will not cost anything to physically pick a camera up and feel the weight of it, take some test shots. With the camera in your hand, you will know if this will suit you and you can ask questions then and there of the sales man. Take your mobile phone with you and take the same shots ( the modern mobile phone has a excellent camera in it). Does the camera you are looking at take better shots than the phone. Your next best friend is Youtube . Research you desired camera that you wish to purchase.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  3. Robert Shears

Robert Shears Active Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Pentax K-5, K-r, K20D, K100D Super.
    Canon G5, Canon 450D, Eos 100, 500, 600, T70 and T90
    Konica Minolta 7D
    Various OEM and 3rd party lenses in Pentax, Minolta and Canon.
    Not much help from me, just a recommendation that you budget for a good lens as well as a camera. A kit lens may not be able to complement your camera body well enough.
    Happy researching though, always nice to be looking for a camera that will suit you. Many rears ago I spent your budget on a used Canon T90 with a 50mm f1.4 lens and a couple of other lenses. Never regretted it, the T90 is probably still my all time favourite camera.

4. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Well I'm not sure why you don't like your Fujifilm, they have some great mirrorless cameras. Are you looking for a dSLR? That would put you at a 200D kit with 2 lenses if your looking for a starter kit within your budget. Some more clarification on what you didn't like and what you want would be helpful.