Which is the best Canon for beginners?

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by Del Hays, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Del Hays

Del Hays New Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Pentax K-10 Lenses 18-55, 50, 28-80, 135, 80-200
    Trying again... I reordered it today, hopefully the automatic website will not cancel it again. After talking to multiple people at Canon I have been assured that it is still available. The verdict is still out.

2. Del Hays

Del Hays New Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Pentax K-10 Lenses 18-55, 50, 28-80, 135, 80-200
    The camera is on its way, after calling a few times and talking online to Canon the camera was in stock and has shipped!! Very excited, now I understand I will need a new mic for the camera so I can shoot some of the end of year school programs. Has anyone used the
    Rode VideoMic GO Lightweight? Need to get one quickly for graduation and final band performance.

pcake and Vasile Guta-Ciucur like this.
  3. BBzone28

BBzone28 Member

Equipment:
    Canon FX, A-1, AE-1, AL-1, T60, T90, F-1, new F-1, EOS Rebel II/G/2000/T2, EOS Elan IIe/7N, EOS 50D/20D/10D, Digital Rebel XS/XT/Original
    I know this is a little late, but depending on what type of subjects you like to photograph, also consider buying a nice used DSLR with kit lens and battery+charger.
    I was already shooting mostly Pentax gear, but wanted something to make use of some older Canon EF lenses from my EOS film cameras.
    For myself, I didn't want to buy older than the 1st generation of "self-cleaning" sensors and at least a 10 Mpxl sensor. That started with the EOS Rebel XTi and EOS 40D.
    I settled on a basic, but adequate general purpose 10 Mpxl EOS Rebel XS with 18-55mm IS kit lens for very, very cheap price and works great for what I was looking for to use with my 50mm f/1.8, 70-210mm f/4 lenses as well as 28-90mm f/3.5-5.6 USM

Del Hays likes this.