Remote and cable shutter control

Discussion in 'Canon EOS Digital SLRs' started by RMS1, Mar 28, 2019.

1. RMS1

RMS1 New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 4000D
    Hello,
    I have recently bought an "entry" level DSLR camera - a Canon 4000D model. I am still familiarising myself with the various controls and menus. I would like to know if it's possible to take photos with this camera without manually pressing the shutter release button - either via a cable control or through some sort of WiFi connection device.
    Thanks,
    Roger

2. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff
  3. RMS1

RMS1 New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 4000D
    Thanks, Gary, that link is good. I'll check out those Wired and Wireless controls. I'd better take a look at the beginners forum, where that information was posted, and see what else is in there.

4. Nick Fernandes

Nick Fernandes New Member

you can use some wired or wirelles control chords for your camera, it might be helpful

5. RMS1

RMS1 New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 4000D
    I checked some months ago at a camera shop. This model cannot take photos using a wired remote attachment. It can take photos via wireless, using a Canon phone app. I have tried doing it, and it seems to work OK provided there is no other, stronger WiFi signal coming from a nearby modem, as it interferes with the connection between the camera and the phone app. I had to turn off my home modem for the app to function.